Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I buy tickets?You can purchase tickets through our website (www.trainitaly.us) or contacting our central office +1 718-351-4300 where we will help you to make the reservation.
2. Can I purchase tickets by phone?
Tickets can be purchased by phone, if desired, call us +1 718-351-4300
3. Is it possible to buy a ticket on board?
It is not possible to buy tickets on board. You can buy tickets at the station, however it will only be available BASE fare (the economic and Super economic fare are only available via web page).
For both cases, booking online or by phone, costs 6€.5. Is there a discount if it is a round trip?
There is no discount for round trip ticket, however, if the departure and the return are carried out on the same day, in some trains, there is a special price "round trip" promotion.
6. Are there any discounts if I travel in family?
There is the "Kids free" fare where adults book a ticket Base fare and children do not pay. There are also special rates for children.
7. Can I choose the seat?You cannot choose the seats, the system assigns seats automatically. If the reservation is for a group and you make the booking of all tickets in the same purchase, the system assigns seats together or the closest possible
8. Do I always get the tickets by email?
You should receive your ticket(s) in PDF format via your email. Print out your ticket(s) and you can board the train directly.
9. If I have not received my tickets after 24 h, what do I have to do?
Contact us and we will help you retrieve your tickets. Contact us through the contact form or by phone +1 718-351-4300
10. What happens if I get the "no solution" screen?
It means that there is no train for this journey or dates are not available yet. In the case of high-speed trains, fares and timetables are available from 4 months before the date of departure. In case of the regional trains are available from 2 months before the date of departure.
11. Can I change the date and time of my ticket?
You can make changes if you have the BASE fare, which allows you to make all the changes you want before the time of departure and up to one change one hour after the departure of the train.
12. What can I do if I can't pay?
Please contact us and we will help you make your booking; Contact us through the contact form or by phone +1 718-351-4300
13. What can I do if during the payment the internet connection is interrupted?
Please contact us to find out if payment and tickets have been issued correctly; Contact us through the contact form or by phone +1 718-351-4300
14. What can I do if the booking was not completed successfully however they tickets were charged on my card?
Contact us through the contact form or by phone +1 718-351-4300
15. How long do I need to print the tickets at the station?
In the case of the regional trains you must print tickets once at the station. You should calculate about 5-7 minutes for ticket printing and the time to go to the appropriate rail. It is advisable to go 15 minutes in advance.
16. How to validate a ticket at the station and how far in advance?
In the case of regional trains, you must print the tickets at the station and before boarding the train you MUST validate them on the machines that will be right next to the train platform.
In the case of high-speed trains, it is not necessary to validate tickets. You can board the train directly with a copy of the PDF you received in the confirmation email.